To ensure the comfort and safety of all of our passengers, Peru Hop has the best buses in Peru. Our buses are operated via our partners at Inka Express, a 15 year old award-winning Peruvian company famous for luxury bus travel and safety.
All of our buses are either Volvo or Scania branded and are replaced every 3 years to ensure we always have modern buses at our disposal.
All of our buses have the following attributes:
- 40 semi-bed reclining seats with sponge foam pads for added comfort
- Modern and clean toilet, unlike public buses that often smell bad and are not cleaned regularly
- High-tech temperature controlled air system to ensure it is never too hot or too cold
- 3 LCD TVs on board so you can sit back and enjoy English-speaking movies on longer journeys
- Highest quality brake and suspension system to ensure a smooth and seamless journey
- Blankets for every passenger – snuggle up and get some sleep on longer trips
- 2 Drivers on all long journeys swapping shifts every 4 hours to avoid tiredness
- GPS monitoring system allowing us to track our buses every step of the way and monitor driver velocity
- New in 2017 – USB chargers at every seat!
NOTE: Other bus companies falsely advertise wifi on their buses but it NEVER works once you leave Lima. Most of Peru is isolated Desert or Andean Mountains…it is hard enough to get phone signal in some parts, let alone a wifi connection to handle 40 people on a bus! Besides that, we want to encourage people to open their eyes and see Peru as well as converse on the bus…put your phones away for a couple of hours and have see the real Peru!
Peru Hop Bus Safety Practices:
- 2 drivers per bus
Our drivers swap shift every 4 hours.
- No on board naps for drivers
When they are not driving they are to stay alert and assist the other driver.
- Large team of drivers
Our drivers are not overworked/tired as is often the case on other buses.
- Tour guide always on board
Our tour guide does regular checks on the drivers.
We have a seatbelt for every passenger and ask our passengers to wear them at all times.
- Speedometer alert
When bus goes over 90km/h an alarm will go off throughout the bus warning the driver to slow down.
- 24 hour GPS monitoring
Every bus is monitored from a secure point via GPS…we always know where the bus is and if it is taking any unscheduled stops.
- Costant contact
The drivers and the guide communicate continuously by telephone with the Peru Hop office.
- No tight deadlines
Our drivers are under NO pressure to arrive at a certain time, no need for increased speed or unnecessary risks.
Here at Peru Hop we realise the importance of a safe and comfortable journey and so we constantly run maintenance checks, monitor driver speeds, and listen to any feedback our passengers have to help improve our service.
Our buses, via our partners at Inka Express, are ranked amongst the best buses in Peru, ensuring you have a smooth and pleasant bus trip across this incredible country.