By purchasing and/or using a Peru Hop travel pass you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. In these terms and conditions references to “you” or “your” mean the purchaser of the travel pass and/or the passenger using the travel pass as the case may be. References to “Peru Hop” or “our” mean Peru Hop SAC.
- Peru Hop travel passes (Travel Passes) are valid for travel in one direction for the route stated on the Travel Pass.
- Travel using the Travel Pass must commence within 12 months of the date of purchase unless otherwise stated. Travel Passes are valid for 12 months from the first date of travel, or until you have travelled once over all sections of the Travel Pass, whichever occurs first.
- Travel agent vouchers or website booking vouchers are not valid Travel Passes and must be exchanged for a valid Travel Pass before you can travel on a Peru Hop service. You can exchange your voucher for a valid ticket Travel Pass with your guide on the first day you commence travel.
- Peru Hop assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen Travel Passes. Upon proof of purchase, Peru Hop may, at its sole discretion, issue a replacement Travel Pass. A small re-issue fee of USD$10 will apply.
- Peru Hop Travel Passes are non-transferable, however exceptions may be made. Ask us nicely and you might be able to transfer your pass if there is a good reason.
- Peru Hop at its discretion may allow cancellation of bookings on the following conditions:
Once booked all passes incur a minimum cancellation of 20% of the ticket price.
Within 7 days of departure: 40% of the ticket price.
Within 3 days of departure: 60% of the ticket price.
Within 24 hours of departure, a no show, or after departure 100% of the ticket price.
- Travel reservations are required on Peru Hop services and should be made at least 3 days before departure to ensure a seat on board your desired bus. Changes to reservations must be made at least 48 hours prior to departure. All reservations and changes must be made using our HOP LOGIN system where you can change all your bus schedules. If you are booked on for 1 leg of the journey, and you miss this journey or cancel with less than 18 hours notice, we reserve the right to charge you a fee to reserve your seat on a following bus…this fee will be no more than $50usd.
- Your travel agent acts on your behalf and monies paid to your agent do not constitute a contract by description between you and Peru Hop. Your travel agent and Peru Hop are independent of each other. Receipt of monies by your agent must be forwarded to Peru Hop otherwise bookings will not be honoured. You should get verification from your travel agent that monies have been forwarded.
- No Shows: Should you fail to show for any booked and confirmed departure your Travel Pass will become invalid unless and until a USD$50 fee is paid to reinstate the Travel Pass.
- Pass Downgrades: If you buy a pass and then want to downgrade to a cheaper pass for some reason, refunds will depend on how much notice you give. If you do it BEFORE you start your trip, you will not incur any costs. If you do it during your trip, no refund will be possible as we have already reserved seats on later buses for you.
- Peru Hop reserves the right to vary any fares, routes, overnight stops, pricing, inclusions, accommodation operators, departure dates, times and locations without notice. Peru Hop reserves the right to substitute other vehicles in place of our own. Peru Hop extra activities and advertised accommodation operators are not guaranteed and will be provided where possible
- Peru Hop will endeavour to adhere to stated departure and arrival times but will not be liable for any failure to meet those times or for any cancellation or delay of Peru hop services. Don´t worry…we will always do our best to make sure you arrive on time.
- Peru Hop shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind, including indirect or consequential loss or damage, arising directly or indirectly out of a cancellation or abandonment of, or delay to, any trip, however caused.
- Peru Hop has preferred agreements with accommodation providers however we cannot always guarantee your first choice of accommodation. We always do our best though to ensure you sleep where you want to sleep.
- Peru Hop reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger, luggage or goods at its sole discretion.
- Peru Hop will not be liable for the sickness of, injury to, or death of, any passenger, or the loss of, or damage to, any personal effects, whether caused by Peru Hop´s negligence or otherwise. There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of a Travel Pass and Peru Hop recommends that you obtain travel insurance to cover any sickness, injury, or loss that may occur while you are travelling with Peru Hop.
- You agree to indemnify Peru Hop against any loss, damage or expense suffered or incurred by Peru Hop, its officers, employees, agents or related companies as a result of any claim by any third party whose claim arises from your use of your Travel Pass or your acts or omissions while travelling on any Peru Hop service.
- Where the services of another operator are provided as part of the Travel Pass (such as hostel accommodation) it is agreed and understood that Peru Hop has no responsibility whatsoever for any default of that operator.
- Persons committing an illegal act or contravening Peruvian Health and Safety legislation (being a health danger to themselves or others) will be removed from the tour and no refund will be due.
- Passengers under 18 years must travel with their parent(s), spouse or guardian. There must be at least 1 parent, spouse or guardian for every 2 passengers under 18 years old. Proof of identification and age may be requested and failure to provide such proof may invalidate your Travel Pass.
- Disputes. Should you wish to raise any issues with your trip – please in the first instance advise your driver guide of your concern. If your issue is not resolved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as reasonably possible, and within 28 days to enable us to research your concern. We will not consider claims after 28 days. Please supply a postal address if you are emailing us so we can provide a written response.
- If you travel on Peru Hop you consent to us using images of you taken whole on your Peru Hop trip for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide, royalty-free in any medium. Make your mum proud and become a Peru Hop supermodel!
- Peru Hop may, at any time and without notice, vary any of these terms and conditions.
- Peru Hop will not be liable for breach of, or any failure to perform its obligations under, these terms and conditions where such breach or failure is caused by anything beyond Peru Hop´s reasonable control including, but not limited to, war, civil commotion, hostility, act of terrorism, strike, lockout, other industrial act, weather phenomena or other act of God, or governmental regulation or direction. Also, Peru Hop shall not be liable for any fortuitous event or force majeure, as provided in section 1315 of the Peruvian Civil Code.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, they will be deemed to be amended by the addition or deletion of wording necessary to remove the invalid, unenforceable or illegal part, but otherwise to remain unchanged to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
- The legal relationship arising from this contract and every relationship arising between Peru Hop and their clients and / or users shall be governed and construed by the laws of the Republic of Peru. The service reserve of Peru Hop involves submitting themselves to these terms and conditions, the laws of the Republic of Peru and the competence of the police, judicial and administrative authorities of the Republic of Peru.