Our 2017 detailed guide to Nazca Lines Flight from how to get there, what to do, what to bring, and all your frequently asked questions.
Nazca Lines Brief Summary:
- The Nazca Lines are ancient geoglyphs etched into the Nazca desert in the south of Peru.
- The lines, some over 2,000 years old, have blown away historians and archeologists for hundreds of years, and even today there is no uniform agreement as to how or why they were created.
- Spread over almost 80km of desert a flight over the Nazca Lines is the only way to do justice to these incredible landmarks.
Below we have created our extensive guide to Nazca Lines Flight based on our expert local knowledge having helped to transport over 30,000 travellers here since our formation in 2013.
Nazca Lines Flight Guide Contents:
1. How to get to Nazca – Compare transportation options.
2. Nazca Lines Flight Information – Check start time, prices, and more.
3. Did you know? – Nazca Lines fun facts.
4. What to bring on a Nazca Lines Flight – Be prepared for your tour.
5. Nazca Lines FAQ – We answer your frequently asked questions.
6. Photo Gallery – A few of the best photos of the Nazca Lines.
How to get to Nazca
How to get to Nazca:
If you are looking for information on the best buses to take to Nazca, visit our passes page. Select your departure city, the countries you want to visit, and amount of time you have to travel. Then browse our passes to see which include your desired stop in Nazca.
Nazca Lines Flight Information
Nazca Lines’ Flight Information:
Peru Hop does not operate any Nazca Lines’ Flights. To see Peru Hop’s recommended operators for this tour read below.
Nazca Lines’ Flight with AeroNasca
Price: $80 USD (plus S/.30 soles airport tax paid upon arrival)
Times: The time of the flight can be arranged when you book the tour. Flight conditions are best during the morning when winds are favourable.
Duration: 30 minutes flight time.
Special deal for Peru Hop Passengers – Tours booked with AeroNasca via FindLocalTrips.com allow date changes up until the evening before your tour begins at no extra cost.
If you are looking for information about Nazca Lines’ Flight, visit FindLocalTrips.com where you can compare itineraries, operators and prices.
Did you know?
Did you know?
- Varying from simple lines and geometric forms to diverse and complex forms, the Nazca Lines are mysterious earth drawings that are over 1500 years old.
- The site of the Nasca Lines is a UNESCO world heritage site since 1994.
- The lines can only be truly appreciated from above, yet they date back from a time when there was no means of aerial flight.
- The most iconic figures include many animals such as the humming bird, monkey and spider which are often replicated in modern jewelry and ceramics today.
- Historians’ theories investigating the creation of the lines range from the mapping of an astrological calendar, to marking the path of underground desert aqueducts, all the way to some kind of alien creations! There is still no consensus on how or why the lines were made.
What to bring on a Nazca Lines’ Flight
What to bring on a Nazca Lines’ Flight:
- Original passport – Important!
Nazca Lines FAQs
Nazca Lines FAQs:
Do we recommend the Nazca Lines Flight?
Yes. The flight is the ONLY way to see the classic pictures on postcards with views of the lines from above. There are hundreds of figures scattered across the desert, which you will only be able to see by taking the flight! The astronaut, the monkey, the hummingbird and the spider can only be truly appreciated from the air.
Can Peru Hop help me reserve the flight?
We recommend to book your Nazca Lines Flight a couple of days in advance using the booking link on this page. The flight price is $80 and there is an additional 25 soles airport tax. Pre-booking ensures that you have your flight slot booked for when you arrive. In addition, AeroNasca will pick you up from the bus terminal to take you to the airport and drop you off after the flight back in the town centre.
SPECIAL DEAL FOR PERU HOP PASSENGERS – Tours booked with this selected operator AeroNasca via FindLocalTrips.com allow date changes right up until the day before your tour begins at no extra cost.
I have read that there are a lot of accidents. Is the Flight Safe?
Yes, years ago there were occasional accidents as there was not so much control on flight safety. Now flights are only authorized to leave during appropriate weather conditions and all the flight companies must adhere to strict safety guidelines. If the weather conditions change then no flight company is allowed to depart from the airport. Weather conditions are best early in the morning, so we always recommend getting down to Nazca as early as possible for the flight to avoid disappointment. There have been no accidents for many years and we only work with the safest company, AeroNasca.
I suffer from motion sickness. Would you still recommend the flight?
The flight is not recommended for those susceptible to flight sickness. The planes are typically small 8/10 seat passenger planes and although the flight duration is around 30 minutes, it allows passengers on both sides of the plane see all the Lines. Consequently, the plane must encircle each line first from one side and then from the other.
What else is there to see in Nazca?
The main thing to do in Nazca is the Nazca Lines Flight. Other than that there are a couple of museums that are worth a look and also the Chauchilla cemetery with excellently preserved ancient mummies. We advise against spending more than the day trip here.
I am travelling from Lima to Cusco and want to do the Nazca Lines Flight but do not want to have to spend a night in Nazca itself. Is this possible?
Yes. It is possible to visit Nazca and do the Nazca Lines flight as an easy day´s side trip. You can travel the short distance down to Nazca, get ahead of the Peru Hop bus and then hop back on as it passes through later the same day. Public buses leave every 15 minutes for the 2.5hr journey down from Ica (a short 15 minute taxi ride from Huacachina – $3.00) to Nazca. You can leave your big bags with the guide in Huacachina to be put on the bus coming down so you will only need to take a small day bag with you. With an advanced flight reservation, the flight company will even pick you from the bus terminal to take you to the airport and also drop you back in Nazca. The Peru Hop bus will pick you up from the same bus terminal at 19:00pm to go on to Arequipa.
I want to see the Nazca Lines but do not want to pay for the flight…
Travelling with Peru Hop will also give you the opportunity to see the Nazca Lines for free. A visit to the Nazca Lines Viewing Tower is included in your pass from where you can see three of the Lines. The onboard guide will give you information on the intriguing history behind the ancient Nazca culture and ongoing theories behind these mysterious Lines.